Our Plant Department has been dealing in plant businesses covering several industries in the Philippines for almost 40 years.
The department represents Marubeni Corporation’s Plant Division in the importation of industrial machineries, equipment and components for the cement, sugar, copper, smelting, oil and gas, food & beverages and other industries. At the same time, we offer technical knowledge, know-how and skills in structured finance, investment and risk management, Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) and spare-parts supply.
In addition to these, we are taking major steps to pursue Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reduction or Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) businesses that aim to reduce CO2 emissions, and Renewable Energy (RE) projects that focus on cleaner sources of energy. The department has capabilities in Project Design, EPC, Investment & Financing, and Emission Credit trading on biogas, biomass, mini-hydro and solar power projects.
In new business fields, together with our partners, we are also promoting various energy conservation technologies that include energy saving system for centralized air conditioning, dehumidifiers, LED lights, Energy Management System, etc.
• Construction and rehabilitation of Philippine Associated Smelting & Refining Corporation (PASAR) Plant
• Construction of several plants of PETRON
• Construction and rehabilitation of nine (9) Raw Sugar Plants such as BUSCO, CASUCO, SONEDCO, etc., and construction of two (2)
Sugar Refinery Plants, namely CASUCO and PHILSUCOM
• Emission Reduction Purchase Agreement on various biogas project between Solutions Using Renewable Energy (SURE), Inc. and
MG Leasing Corporation
• Emission Reduction Purchase Agreement on the run-over-river mini hydro project between Smith Bell Mini-Hydro Corporation and MG